From Jason Trowbridge, Sun Aug 31 17:05:58 1997
To make screen captures:
- Start up
xv by typing in "
xv &" at your
- After placing the
xv title screen, right click on it
to bring up the
- Click on the Grab button on the button bar (the Grab button is
just above the Quit button).
- Type in the number of sections that you want to wait before
grabbing the image.
- If you select AutoGrab, the window that is selected after the
delay will be grabbed.
- If you select Grab, select the window or prepare the area that
you want to grab before the delay runs out.
- After the beep:
- press the left mouse button to grab a window,
- press the middle mouse button and drag to grab an
area, or press the right mouse button to cancel.
- XV will take a little while, but it will eventually update its
image with the area you grabbed.
- Save as desired.