Room Sweep Check List
- Check the key cabinet for notes before going out to secure rooms.
- Lock the doors.
- Check the projector and air mouse remotes (replace batteries as
- Check the sound.
- Make sure instructor machine is in Linux. File locking report
using the lok (in /u/uc/bin/) script before leaving
- Leave the projector screen up (except in select rooms).
- Check all other potential exits/entrances. (Maintain ailseway
along windows in Cramer rooms to facilitate this effort.)
- Close window blinds and leave slats tilted up (so view from
outside would show security cameras and not computers).
- Check paper levels of printers in the room :
- Consolidate (i.e. move) paper from tray 2 to tray 3 when tray
3 has less than a ream in it.
- If there is less than a ream of 8.5x11 paper then add a ream
before going off duty.
- Leave the room clean :
- Erase white boards and chalk boards
- Throw away any trash found
- Make note of anything that may need to be handled by the custodians
- If there is food left in the room move it to the hallway.
- Give the room a quick last overlook and make notes on any
noteworthy stuff, like :
in a file under /u/uc/doc/shift_notes/.
- The projector was left on (file an info ticket and be sure
to include "Registrar@admin.nmt.edu" as an email recipient).
- People were found in the room.
- The room was already locked.
- Leave lowest level of lighting on (other than white board
- Alarm the room.
- Try to re-enter the room from all the exits that were just
locked. (Be aware that some lock sets may stick from time to
time but will work if jiggled.)
- Stop and see (think) if you've forgotten anything.
- Continue on to next room.
The last UC of day must check all TCC offices for being secure. If an
office (or area) is found unsecured and can not be secured call the
person whose office (or area) it is. Be sure to file a "security
room" ticket on it.