/ Shipman's Home Sweet Homepage
/ Site map
Shipman's music page
- An appreciation of my many music teachers.
- Baritone, New Mexico Symphonic
Chorus. See articles on my participation in this
group from the Socorro papers, the
Mountain Mail and
El Defensor Chieftain.
- New Mexico Symphony Orchestra Chorus stories
- Bass or tenor, Socorro (NM) Concert Chorus and Chamber Chorus.
- In the spring 2003 musical, Johann Strauss's Die
Fledermaus, I sang the role of Dr. Falke.
- In our spring 1998 musical, South Pacific,
I played Stewpot.
- I played Mr. MacAfee in our spring 1997 musical,
Bye Bye Birdie. Kids! I dunno what's wrong with
these kids these days!
- Choral performances with the Chamber Chorus and Concert
Chorus going back to 1985. Notable in 2003 was Menotti's
The unicorn, the gorgon, and the manticore,
an extremely difficult and rarely-performed work.
- In some summers I have lead an
informal summer chorus in Socorro.
- Science Olympiad ``Sounds of Music'' event judge
- Former member of the Baroque Choral Guild (now
Cantabile Choral Guild),
Palo Alto and Berkeley, CA. See an
article on their new conductor, who has taken over from Bob
Geary since I left this marvelous group.
- Other axes: trumpet, alto horn, baritone, piano, and Chapman Stick
Touchboard (also known as "The Stick"). For more information
on the Stick, see the
official Chapman Stick
- Interests: All styles and periods, especially rock, classical,
popular, madrigals, blues, jazz, Bluegrass, Celtic, folk...you
get the picture.
Next: Shipman's games page
See also: John W. Shipman's Home Sweet Homepage
Previous: Shipman's reading list
John W. Shipman,
Last updated: 2012/08/12 18:47:33