/ Shipman's Home Sweet Homepage
/ Site map
Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Vietnamese restaurants
I don't eat Vietnamese all that often, but I like it when
- May Cafe***, just west of Louisiana a block south of
Central. Huge menu, nice food.
- Que Huong**, 7010 Central SE, just west of Louisiana.
I may upgrade the rating after I try more dishes, but
I got some rather weird stuff the first time that I didn't
like. The Sour Shrimp Soup had a lot of great shrimp in it
but it was just too sour to eat as a main dish. And the meat
in the 'Vietnamese ham' sandwich had the texture of a credit
card---thin and tough. However, Martha Rimmel, a very tough
critic of restaurants, says it's her favorite place; she
recommends the salt-baked prawns.
I haven't tried any of the rest of these, but they all
have their fans. They're listed alphabetically. Please let
me know if you have any experience with them.
- Little Saigon, 5615 Central.
- Huong Thao, 1016 Juan Tabo Blvd NE.
- May Hong, 9800 Montgomery NE, in Paradise Square.
- Saigon, 6001 San Mateo. A favorite of several of my
friends. Next to "I Heart Sushi".
Next: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Greek restaurants
See also: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque restaurants
Previous: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Thai restaurants
John W. Shipman,
Last updated: 2005/08/03 00:06:09