/ Shipman's Home Sweet Homepage
/ Site map
Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Japanese restaurants
I'm a big sushi fan; all these choices provide
- My clear favorite is Noda's**** in Rio Rancho, Trinity Plaza,
2704 Southern Blvd., 891-4378. Best gyoza in town, outstanding
sushi, beautiful atmosphere, great service.
Argh! Closed! Noda's closed December 13, 2010 to try to
find a better location, possibly east of the Rio Grande.
I will be shattered if they don't succeed. This place is
head and shoulders above every other Japanese restaurant in
the state. They are so good, I think they could even compete
in the Bay Area!
- Japanese Kitchen***, southwest corner of Indian School and
Louisiana (way inside the shopping center there). Reasonably
well-performed teppan yaki as well as a nice selection of sushi.
- Crazy Fish***, 3015 Central Ave NE.
See their official page.
Their quality has dipped from time to time but the latest reports
I hear are positive.
- Ninja Sushi***, northeast corner of San Pedro and Montgomery.
- Shogun***, on Central about three blocks west of Carlisle.
They don't speak Japanese (they're all Koreans), but the sushi is fine.
- Samurai***, southwest corner of Eubank and Montgomery, and
another branch at 5701 Gibson SE.
- Mr. Sushi***, east side of Juan Tabo just north of Menaul.
More cost-effective, not as fancy, excellent gyoza.
- Sushi Gen***, east side of San Mateo just north of
MacLeod. Decent, good assortment of rolls, and they are open
all afternoon on Monday.
Gone but not forgotten
Next: Continental/contemporary restaurants in Albuquerque
See also: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque restaurants
Previous: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Chinese restaurants
John W. Shipman,
Last updated: 2011/04/16 00:58:03