/ Shipman's Home Sweet Homepage
/ Site map
Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Indian restaurants
Indian is my favorite cuisine, and Albuquerque is blessed with
many fine offerings. I give the edge to India Palace, with
Rasoi a close second, but several discerning friends of mine
prefer India Kitchen or Taj Mahal, so I'd say it's a tight race.
They're all quite good. Taaj Palace has been open since 2008 but
I just discovered it in Spring 2011; based on one visit, it's a
- India Palace****
- Rasoi***, 110 Yale Blvd SE. The newest really good Indian
place. Huge menu, some South Indian specialties, nice room.
See their official page.
- Taaj Palace***, 1435 Eubank (west side of the street, just
north of Constitution, in the old Cafe Miche space). Confusing
name, great food, generous with meats and portions generally.
- India Kitchen***, near Assets Grill on the southwest corner of
Louisiana and Montgomery. Excellent vegetarian, good meat dishes too.
- Taj Mahal***, east side of Carlisle a little ways south of I-40.
Good all around.
- Annapurna***, east side of Yale just north of Lead.
Ayurvedic menu, excellent for strict vegans and vegetarians.
Good selection of Southern Indian dishes; try the masala dosa.
Next: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque Chinese restaurants
See also: Shipman's favorite Albuquerque restaurants
Previous: Shipman's Albuquerque breakfast favorites
John W. Shipman,
Last updated: 2011/04/15 23:56:53