Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
MathSciNet Journals Database (on-campus only)
Mathematical Reviews Journals and Abbreviations
Handbooks and Other Reference Works
- Dictionary of Statistics - Ref QA 276.15 .E84 1998
- Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics - Ref Q175.35.E53 2005 (4 volumes)
- Mathematics Glossary
- MathWorld (interactive encyclopedia)
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology - Ref Q121 .M3 2002 (20 volumes)
Top of page
Mathematics Journals in the Skeen Library
- Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics - Ref QA 164 .H36 2000
- Handbook of Writing for the Mathematical Sciences - Ref QA 42 .H54 1993
• A second copy is available for check out.
- Index of Mathematics Biographies
- CRC Standard Mathematical Tables and Formulae - Ref QA 47 M315 1996
- Mathematics Subject Classification (MSC)
Journal Web Pages
Top of page
- SIAM Journals Online
Click on journal title to see full-text (NMT campus) and then click on journal home page to find author
Click on Advanced Search to search by keyword, author, classification, etc.
SIAM Locus is the archive of articles published prior to 1997.
- AMS Journals
Click on journal title to see table of contents, abstracts, references
and author information.
Click on Go to Advanced Search to search by keyword, author, classification,
AMS also offers MathWeb
Journals, an extensive list of journals with articles on the web.
- EMS Electronic Library of
Contains online journals, article collections, and monographs in the field
All material is in electronic form and access is generally free.
- INFORMS PubsOnLine
Click on journal title to see table of contents, abstracts; click on journal info to find author
Click on Search to search by keyword, author, etc.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect
Browse by title or subject to see table of contents, read abstracts and find information for authors.
Change the display to subscribed titles to see journals with full-text for NMT campus (1998-Present)
- CiteSeer http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/
Digital library of scientific literature which focuses primarily on the literature in computer and information science.
Allows searching in documents and citations.
- Math Forum http://www.mathforum.org/
Extensive page of teaching and learning resources from Drexel University. K-12, College, & Advanced Math.
Top of page
- StatLib http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/
Data, software and news from the statistics community. Hosted by Carnegie Mellon University.
This page was created by Joan Shedivy.
Please contact email@example.com with comments and questions.