New Mexico Tech Skeen Library - Policies
Internet Use Policy
Library users are encouraged to use the Internet for educational and informational purposes. All users of the Internet are expected to use this resource in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it is provided and according to guidelines established by the Library and the TCC (Tech Computer Center). NMT Skeen Library, as a state and federal government depository, complies with all free public access laws.
- Availability: Internet resources are provided primarily for New Mexico Tech students, faculty and staff. Community users are limited to one hour of computer use.
- Persons under the age of 15: will need to comply with the Children in the Library Policy.
- Unacceptable Use: Reconfiguring hardware or software, or viewing obscene material. Any use of computers at Skeen Library for illegal or obscene purposes as defined by the Federal Protection of Children Act, 18 U.S.C., Section 1465, or in violation of New Mexico law prohibiting the display of sexually explicit matters in an establishment frequented by children, will result in the revocation of the user's privileges.
- Copyrights: The unauthorized sharing of copyrighted material is illegal. Users shall not share unauthorized copyrighted material.
- Appropriate Behavior: Any person behaving in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave the library premises and may lose their library privileges.
WARNING: Internet transmissions are subject to interception under the USA Patriot Act.