The mission of the Mineral Engineering is to provide the students with an education in the fundamentals of engineering that will allow immediate entry into industry or research work while providing a good opportunity for continued professional growth maintain a team of faculty who are committed to providing high quality teaching and research prepare the students for the challenges of establishing a successful, diversified career in the rapidly changing professional environment.
Program Educational Objectives
Program graduates will:
- Continue to inspire, as a primary goal, creativity in thinking and skills in problem solving to assist industry in meeting daily challenges as they advance in their professional career
- Maintain a strong sense of ethical and professional responsibilities with a sense of social awareness
- Continue to develop excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate skills in leadership and ability to work independently as well as in the framework of a team
- Achieve a measurable advancement in professional duties and salaries and be capable of demonstrating continued professional growth within the first 7 years after graduating
The Mineral Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, telephone: (410) 347-7700. The next accreditation evaluation for this program will be during the 2010-11 academic year.