Recent News and Events
- The math department hosted the 28th Annual Fajita Fest at
Bill Stone's home in Socorro, from 6pm to 9pm on Saturday,
- Gunter Leguy has defended his PhD thesis on July 27.
- Majdi Alsolami defended his MS thesis on May 28.
- Dr. Mingji Zhang was hired as a tenure track
assistant professor starting Fall 2015.
- Andrew Philipps was hired as a visiting assistant
- Dr. William Stone has been selected as New Mexico Tech new
Dean of Arts and Sciences.
- The math department will be hosting a reception for alumni
and current students from 6pm to 8pm on Friday, October 17,
at John Starrett's home at 1226 Calle de Lago in Socorro.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Dr Michael Maroun (PhD from
University of California Riverside) will join the Math
faculty this coming Fall.
- Andrew Krause defended his master thesis "Asymptotic
Dynamics of Stochastic p-Laplace Equations on Unbounded
- Ian Burch defended his master thesis "Dynamics of
Second Order Non-Linear Oscillator Systems".
- Benjamin Buckman defended his master thesis "Calculation
of Heat Determinant Coefficients for Scalar Operators".
- Kyle Smith defended his master independent study "Estimation
Methods of Reference Evapotranspiration at Unsampled
- Dr. Steve Schaffer retired at the end of the Spring
semester after 27 years at NMT.
- Qian Wu defended her master thesis.
- Bruce Wallin defended his master thesis.
- Gary Quezada defended his master independent study "Dynamic
Factor Analysis of Stock Returns".
- Margaret Snell defended her master thesis "Associations
Between Environmental Toxins, Obesity, Weight Loss, and
Chronic Disease Using Canonical Correlation Analysis, Factor
Analysis, and PCA Logistic Regression".
- The annual meeting of the southwest section of the MAA,
held jointly with NMATYC, will be at NM tech in April! See 2013
Past News and Events
- Tech has its first PhD in Math! Todd Wolford finished in
May, and presently he is a Lecturer at Northern Arizona
- Dr. Shung Chung, Visiting Assistant Professor, and Dr.
Annette LaRussa, Math Education Specialist, join the Math
- Math dept offers online math placement. Using an on-line
placement exam allows incoming first-year students to
pre-register before they even arrive on campus.
- Ralph Ball, former math chair and long time Math faculty,