The following material accompanies the MENG 421 lecture for April 26, 2004.
- Stiffness matrix
- Beam problems Note: for all problems, use a W8 x 31 rolled shape, 100 inches long (per element) Distributed load
- Last time: Simply supported beam with uniform load, SimpD | Matlab | Ansys
- Assignment due today: Cantilever beam with uniform load, CantD, (4) | Matlab | Ansys
- Simply supported beam with force, two elements Simp2 | Matlab | Ansys
- Simply supported beam with distributed load, two elements SimpD2 | Matlab | Ansys
- Assignment due Wednesday, April 28: Cantilever beam with two forces, Cant3, (9),
Solution d 1 = -1.06 in., θ 1 = 7.58e-003 rad.
- Assignment due Wednesday, April 28: Ovrhanging beam with half uniform load, CantHalf, (15),
Solution d 3 = -0.518 in., θ 3 = -3.54e-003 rad.
MENG 421 | ARMiller | FEA Sites | Reserve books | Ansys | Lectures | Labs
Revised: April 29, 2004 -- Copyright © 1997-2004 ARMiller