The following material accompanies the MENG 421 lecture for April 21, 2004.
- 2001 Exam 4
- Beam element
- Constraints | Concentrated loads | Distributed loads
- Shape functions: Hermite
- Stiffness matrix
- Bean deflection and slope
- Beam problems Note: for all problems, use a W8 x 31 rolled shape, 100 inches long (per element)
- Cantilever beam with force, Cant1 | Beam3 | Matlab | Ansys | Output
- Cantilever beam with momemt, Cantm, Matlab | Ansys
- Simply supported beam with momemt, SimpM, Matlab | Ansys
- Simply supported beam with uniform load, SimpD | Matlab | Ansys
- Assignment due Monday, April 26: Cantilever beam with uniform load, CantD, (4),
Solution θ 2 = -3.03e-003 rad, σ 1 = -10909 psi.
MENG 421 | ARMiller | FEA Sites | Reserve books | Ansys | Lectures | Labs
Revised: April 29, 2004 -- Copyright © 1997-2004 ARMiller