For many Matlab and Ansys assignments, you can copy prototype files from the class directory using a web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape. The appropriate links are given on the assignments page or go to the class files page..
Copying with right-click You can copy all files with this method
Copying a Matlab file with left-click
- Right-click the link to get a menu
- Move the cursor to the menu item Save Target As and release the button
- In the new Save As dialog box, find the Selection box
- Move the mouse pointer just before the file name and press the left button to put the cursor there
- Steer to the directory name where you want the file to be copied
- Click the OK button
Copying other files with left-click
- Click on the link to get the File Download dialog box
- Click Save to get the Save As dialog box
- Check that the file type is MATLAB M-file
- Change the filen name is necessary
- Steer to your Matlab directory
- Slick Save
- Click on the link to display the file in the browser.
- Type Ctrl-A to highlight the entire file.
- Type Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.
- Open an editor like Notepad.
- Click the editor header and type Ctrl-V to paste the text.
- Click Save and pick Save As
MENG 421 -- Class assignments
Last revised: February 6, 2004 -- Copyright © 1997-2004 ARMiller