The Finite Element Solver
Example Ansys source files are available in the following directories:
Ansys is a general-purpose, finite-element program
for solving structural, thermal, electrical, and magnetic problems.
For this course we will run Ansys from Windows 2000.
- Setting up Ansys:
- The steps for setting up Ansys are given in Assignment 2
- Ansys help:
- A real-time
can be run on one side as you work out the lesson with graphical Ansys on the other.
Another version is
- See the class web page for links to
Ansys web sites
- Ansys has links to
tutorials on the web.
- Extensive help is available from within Ansys.
- The Ansys source program contains a
sequence of statements in four groups.
- For examples of Ansys graphical analysis of stresses in beams
and a plate, see the
Index of Examples
Please send comments or questions about these Ansys pages
by e-mail to:
- ~es421/class/ (Linux)
- C:\Program Files\Ansys inc\ansys57\data\verif (Windows 2000)
MENG 421 |
FEA Sites |
Reserve books |
Last revised: February 26, 2004 -- Copyright © 1997-2004