E.ART.H....Environmental ART Happenings using Energy ART and Healing.
My passion is creativity. Art projects emphasize personal and environmental awareness, community, recycling and reusing materials in unique ways.
I invite you to consider that your body and your life are a blank canvas to enjoy. You are the artist. Choose to create your greatest masterpiece.
Combining healing touch, energy and art, I encourage you to explore the exciting pallet of
creative possibilities within your heart and body.
Holly Hughes life line highlights
- 1955 born Kansas City, MO.
- 1957 discovered my shoelaces and tied bows before I could talk
- 1973 graduated Notre Dame de Sion High School; KCMO.
- 1973-75 Fred Conway scholarship for art, Washington University; St. Louis, MO.
- 1976 International Civil Service, avalanche protection; French Alps.
- 1977 apprentice with Swiss photographer Alex Kayser; Essen, Germany.
- 1978-79 art director, Dan Pollin Film Co.; NYC.
- 1979-82 mechanical engineering degree with emphasis on biomechanics, University of Missouri at Kansas City; KCMO
- 1979-82 studied product design with Victor Papanik, Kansas City Art Institute; KCMO
- 1983 wear analysis and design of internal knee and hip prosthesis.Truman Medical Center, KCMO and Zimmer, Warsaw, Indianna.
- 1983-93 artist in residence, search & rescue field coordinator; Socorro, NM.
- 1993-1996 explored Mexico, Guatamala and parts of the US on bicycle.
- 1994 NEA grant for PROJECT NEW MEXICO. (build 'hi'tech-'low'tech bridge sharing art and adventure on the internet).
- 1996 EarthWorks 'Globe'. 16' dia rotating sculpture of 'reused trash' with 2000 volunteers; KCMO
- 1997-2001 lived on 33' sail boat, 'Hannah Brown', cruising the American coast from the Bahamas to Newfoundland.
- 2001- 21 day ocean passage to Iceland.
- 2001-2003 artist in residence; Isafjorder, Iceland.
- 2006 graduated Midwest Institute of Natural Healing with degrees in Wholistic Energy Healing and Massage Therapy; KCMO
Holly's art works can be found in Isafjordur, Iceland; the Capital Rotunda in Santa
Fe, NM; the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology Library and Macey Center in Socorro, NM; EarthWorks,
English Landing School, and the American Jazz Museum in Kansas City, Missouri;
and numerous private and public collections nationwide.
NEW site (www.holly-hughes.com)
Icelandic Journal (www.holly.it.is)
NM Tech site (www.nmt.edu/~bridge)
to Contact Holly