Special thanks to ...
- Browning Ferris Industries Inc. (BFI) for sponsoring the construction of this website;
- EarthWorks for sponsoring the globe's construction and for creating its permanent home;
- United States Environmental Protection Agency for its help in researching many of the materials;
- Foto Designs for film processing;
- Heart of America Family Services Family Focus Center for providing studio space to build the globe in the old Switzer School at 1829 Madison;
- Jack Bilt Printing and Karen Martin for printing services;
- Tides Center for providing non-profit status for tax deductible contributions to support Holly's community efforts;
- Tyrell Corporation for providing support and space on their web server for this project and these pages; and
- DENA, Hallmark Card and 20 Good Men for their unique material contributions.
The globe's construction is funded by a grant to the Learning Exchange from the Missouri Department of Conservation. Additional funding is still needed, however, to support further research, project documentation and integration of GlobeArt with the EarthWorks curriculum.
All contributions are welcome. Tax deductible contributions of $100 or more may be made to the Tides Center, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation. These checks should be made payable to Tides Foundation-Chain Reaction. Checks for smaller amounts should be made payable to Holly Hughes. Please mail all contributions to:
617 Brush Creek
Kansas City, MO 64110