Norton Internet Security tries to block all internet traffic. Therefore you must provide the Internet address and name of programs it should allow to connect to the internet
- Log on as Administrator
- Right click the Norton icon and pick Open Norton Internet Security
- Run Live Update several times until it is up to date
- Pick Norton Internet Security bar on the left
- Pick Personal Firewall on the right
- Click Turn On if it is off
- Click Configure
- Pick the Networking tab and click Add
- For a single IP, pick Individually and enter the address
- Alternatively, pick Using a range and enter the upper and lower values in the two boxes e.g., 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.254
- Pick the Programs tab
- Scroll through the list of programs and select Permit All where appropriate
- For additional programs, pick Add, and locate other programs
- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe"
- "E:\Ansys Inc\v100\ANSYS\bin\intel"
- "E:\Ansys Inc\v100\CommonFiles\TCL\bin\intel\wish.exe"
- Pick OK
- Pick Spyware and Adware
- Pick Configure
- Check that Spyware and Adware are checked
Home, index | Win2000 | Norton AntiVirus | Reinstalling | Failed to load | Search
Revised: March 8, 2006