/ TCC analysis homepage
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
TCC analysis web: Room reservation system analysis
The room scheduling system keeps track of events scheduled
for classrooms. (For an explanation of the notation, see
`Recommended analysis methodology').
- Entities in the room scheduling system: The entity-relationship diagram.
Instances of a recurring event that won't need the room.
- Building: One building containing rooms.
- Event: The reason for one or more
Some activity that needs multiple time slots at the same time
and day of week. Example: every Tuesday from 9:00-9:50am.
- Room: One room or other area that
is scheduled independently.
Warning: We assume that rooms are atomic
for scheduling purposes. There is a proposal to put a movable
partition into Speare 4 so that 4a and 4b could be scheduled
independently or together---and that would violate this assumption.
- RoomController: One person who is
responsible for one or more room bookings. In most cases this
will be the Registrar, but there are numerous other rooms
controlled by department secretaries.
- Semester: One semester, or other interval
during which a recurring event may meet (e.g., short courses).
- SemesterBreak: Part of a semester when
no classes will meet. Example: spring break, Thanksgiving
- SingleMeeting: One time slot in a room.
This may be one instance of a recurring booking, or a one-time
Next: Software inventory system
See also: Analysis homepage
Previous: Recommended analysis methodology
New Mexico Tech Computer Center: analysis homepage
New Mexico Tech Computer Center
New Mexico Tech
John Shipman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2001/06/01 03:21:49