/ TCC Help System
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
File backup: Copying files to removable media in Windows
Follow this procedure to transfer files from your Tech
Computer Center account to removable media such as CD-ROM,
DVD, or Flash drive.
- If you have a lot of files to back up, first create an
archive file that combines into a single file all the files
you want to back up. See `Making archive files in Windows'.
- Click on My Computer.
- Select the files or archives you want to back up.
- Under File and Folder Tasks,
click on Copy the selected items.
- Insert your removable media.
- Pull down the Address menu and
navigate to the removable media device.
- If the device is a CD, under CD Writing
Tasks, click on Write these files
- If the device is a Flash drive, select the device, and
under File and Folder Tasks,
Next: File restore: Copying files from removable media in Windows
See also: File transfer: moving files to or from the TCC
Previous: Transferring files from your Windows system to the TCC
to help pages
New Mexico Tech Computer Center: Help System
To report a problem: File a ticket
Send mail to the User consultant
on duty or call them at 575-835-5437
About New Mexico Tech
John Shipman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2008/01/21 05:15:32 UT