/ TCC Help System
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
You must be using the
X-Window system system to use the
ical personal organizer. Type this command in a terminal
The ampersand (&) instructs Unix to start up
in the background, so your terminal window won't be locked up.
Shown below is a typical Ical window. The major regions are:
- Across the top of the window is a menu bar with various
command choices. To get online help, drag the ``Help'' menubar
item down to its second choice (``User guide'').
- The upper left corner of the window shows the current
month and year. To select a different month or year, click on
the arrows on both sides of the month or year name.
- The current month is displayed below the month name. To
select a different day in the current month, click on that day.
- You can use the ``Prev'' and ``Next'' buttons to move back
and forth one day at a time, or click on the ``Today'' button
to move to today's calendar.
- The right half of the window show today's appointments. You
can use the scrollbox on the right side to drag to a different
range of times.
- If you have any notices for the selected date, they are displayed
in the area below the ``Today'' button.
Next: Adding appointments in Ical
See also: Using the Ical personal organizer
to help pages
New Mexico Tech Computer Center: Help System
To report a problem: File a ticket
Send mail to the User consultant
on duty or call them at 575-835-5437
About New Mexico Tech
John Shipman, email@example.com
Last updated: 1996/01/06 23:07:11 UT