/ TCC Help System
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
A necessary part of any
windowing system is a pointing device.
You must use this device to indicate or select various items
display screen. Generally the pointing device is
used to move a
cursor on the screen.
Different kinds of pointing devices include:
mouse is by far the most common type.
- A stylus or digitizing tablet uses a pen-like
device. These are superior to mice for fine work such as drawing.
- A light pen is a pen that operates right on the display
- A track ball is a sphere that you rotate with your
fingers to move the cursor.
- Some laptops have a small stud located between the G and H
keys that can be pushed with a finger to move the cursor.
- There are several other, more exotic pointing devices.
See also: Glossary: P
to help pages
New Mexico Tech Computer Center: Help System
To report a problem: File a ticket
Send mail to the User consultant
on duty or call them at 575-835-5437
About New Mexico Tech
John Shipman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 1997/05/22 04:08:31 UT