/ ITC Help System
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
Problems deleting e-mail?
If your account is over quota, you may have problems deleting
In http://webmail.nmt.edu/, the delete button
does not actually delete anything. It only moves e-mail to a
special trash folder called “INBOX.Trash”. If your account is over-quota, this operation fails
because it cannot re-create the e-mail in the trash folder, so
nothing gets deleted.
To work around this problem:
- Go to http://webmail.nmt.edu/ and log in.
- Click Options on the top bar.
- Click Folder preferences.
- Change “Trash folder” to “Do not use
- To free up space, delete any e-mail that you want to
- Change “Trash folder” back to “INBOX.Trash” to re-enable this feature that
protects you against accidental deletion.
Next: Setting up a vacation e-mail auto-reply
See also: Using mailers at the Tech Computer Center
Previous: Spam, viruses, and other problems
to help pages
New Mexico Tech Information Technology and Communications: Help System
To report a problem: File a ticket
Send mail to the User consultant
on duty or call them at 575-835-5437
About New Mexico Tech
Joel Eidsath, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2006/04/25 22:24:43 UT