/ TCC help system
/ TCC homepage
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
Recommended Pentium 600 configuration
This configuration is recommended by the New Mexico Tech
Computer Center for use with the software packages we give away.
You can purchase any computer that you want, however, NMT
Computer Center will not work on or answer questions regarding
them unless they conform to these hardware standards.
- Motherboard: Asus/Award P3V4X Via Apollo Pro 133A
- Processor: Intel Pentium III 600 MHz, PC133, 512k
- Memory: 128MB PC133 DIMM
- Hard Disk: IBM DPT A372050 Deskstar 20.5GB Ultra-ATA/66 7200RPM 2MB
- Video Card: Diamond Viper V770 16M nVidia Riva TNT2 AGP
- Sound: Creative Labs SoundBlaster LIVE Value, Emu10K1 chipset
- CD-Rom: Toshiba XM6702B EIDE 48X
- Network: 3Com 3C905B 10BT/100BTX Fast Etherlink XL PCI
- Mouse: Logitech First Mouse 3-button Serial/PS2
- Monitor: Sony CPD-400GS 19-inch
- Case: ATX Non-removable front, monitor support bar
- Floppy: Teac 1.44Mb
- Zip drive: Iomega 250MB ATAPI
- Keyboard: NMB Concertmaster Multimedia 104-key
All components must:
- Meet or exceed all FCC Class B, U.L. and CSA requirements.
- Have 3-year or better parts warranty unless otherwise stated above.
- Be Windows 95, Linux and Lilo compatible.
- Not void warranty upon opening of case.
The following vendors have submitted machines that have been
tested and certified to work with the NMT network:
- Integrity Networking, Albuquerque, NM, Brenda Underwood, 505-294-7747
Next: Recommended Celeron 400 configuration
See also: Recommended PC and Mac standards
Previous: Recommended Pentium III-733 configuration
New Mexico Tech Computer Center: Help System
New Mexico Tech Computer Center
New Mexico Tech
John Shipman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2003/08/08 22:06:34 UT