/ TCC help system
/ TCC homepage
/ Site map
/ NM Tech homepage
Recommended P300 configuration
This configuration is recommended by the New Mexico Tech
Computer Center for use with the software packages we give away.
You can purchase any computer that you want, however, NMT
Computer Center will not work on or answer questions regarding
them unless they conform to the Hardware Standrads.
- Pentium II 350 MHz Intel Processor
- SuperMicro or Asustech Super P6SBA single Pentium II
motherboard with 100MHz bus and Intel 440BX chipset
- Three or more 168 pin DIMM sockets
- Four PCI master/3-ISA slots, EIDE built in
- Two 16550 compatible high speed serial ports
- One parallel port, enhanced EPP compatible infared port
- Two USB ports
- Memory: 64MB SDRAM, 168 pin DIMM, 8ns or faster, 100MHz compliant
- Hard Disk: IBM Deskstar 14GXP,10.1 GB Ultra DMA/33 9.5ms 512K 7200RPM
- Video: Matrox Millenium II, PCI or AGP form factor
- Hardware Video MPEG: Matrox Rainbow Runner Studio
- Sound: Creative Lab Soundblaster AWE64 model CT4500
- Keyboard: NMB "Multimedia" (104 key style) with stereo headphone
and microphone jacks (Concertmaster RT915CTW)
- CD-ROM: 32X EIDE Toshiba
- Network: 3Com 3C905B-TX 10/100 Ethernet card
- Mouse: 3-button serial Logitech Mouseman or FirstMouse
- Monitor: Sony 19" GDM-400PS color Multiscan (the warranty must
not exclude focus)
- Floppy: 3.5 inch 1.44MB TEAC floppy disk
- ATX form factor Desktop case:EMI, CSA listed, with 230 watt or
greater power supply, non-removable front panel
- Software OS: must be able to boot both operating systems from
the one internal disk. The Linux LILO boot program must run automatically.
- Windows 95
- Linux and Linux LILO boot program
All components must:
- Meet or Exceed all FCC Class B, U.L. and CSA requirements.
- Have 3-year or better parts warranty unless otherwise stated above.
- Be Novell, Windows 95, Linux and Lilo compatible.
- Not void warranty upon opening of case.
The following vendors have submitted machines that have been
tested and certified to work with the NMT network:
- Integrity Networking, Albuquerque, NM, Brenda Underwood, 505-294-7747
Next: Recommended P200 configuration
See also: Recommended PC and Mac standards
Previous: Recommended Celeron 400 configuration
New Mexico Tech Computer Center: Help System
New Mexico Tech Computer Center
New Mexico Tech
John Shipman, email@example.com
Last updated: 1999/08/09 22:44:08 UT