This configuration is recommended by the New Mexico Tech
Computer Center for use with the software packages we give away.
You can purchase any computer that you want, however, NMT
Computer Center will not work on or answer questions regarding
them unless they conform to the Hardware Standrads.
- Pentium 200 MHz Intel Processor, Triton II HX chip set
- GMB-P55IPS-V0 with 512K pipeline cache RAM
- 4 or more 72 pin memory slots
- 4-PCI master/4-ISA slots, EIDE built in
- 2 serial ports, 1 parallel port
- Crystal Cooler ball bearing cooling fan, 150,000 hours MTBF
- 230W power supply
- Desktop case EMI, CSA listed, Vextrec VTI-DT20 or Enlite 6402
- Memory: 64MB (Two 32MB True Parity SIMM modules) 60ns or faster,
expandable to 256MB memory on board
- Hard Disk: Western Digital 4GB disk (10 ms access or better)
5400RPM, 300,000 hours MTBF, or Western Digital Caviar 21200, 21600
- Two 16550 (Compatible) High Speed Serial Ports
- Bidirectional Parallel Port, Enhanced EPP compatible
- Video: Diamond Stealth 3240 TV PCI Video with 2MB VRAM,
or Diamond Stealth 3400
- Video MPEG: Diamond MPEG Video Player 1100 daughterboard for above
- Sound: Creative Lab Soundblaster AWE64 model CT4500
- Keyboard: NMB "Multimedia" (104 key style) with stereo headphone and
microphone jacks (Concertmaster RT915CTW)
- CD-ROM: 24X EIDE Mitsumi
- Network: SMC Etherpower 10/100 (10BaseT/100BaseT/RJ-45),
or KFI NIC-S100C 10/100 (10BaseT/100BaseT/RJ-45) chipset AC, AE, or AF
- Mouse: 3-button serial Logitech Mouseman or FirstMouse
- Monitor: Sony 17" GDM-17SE2T or GDM-200PS
color Multiscan (the warranty must not exclude focus)
- Floppy: 3.5 inch 1.44MB TEAC floppy disk, UART serial
- Desktop case: non-removable front panel for public user area
- Software OS: must be able to boot both operating systems
from the one internal disk. The Linux LILO boot program must
- Windows 95
- Linux and Linux LILO boot program; note that the Intel VX
chipset does not work with LILO.
All components must:
- Meet or Exceed all FCC Class B, U.L. and CSA requirements.
- Have 3-year or better parts warranty unless otherwise stated above.
- Be Novell, Windows 95, Linux and Lilo compatible.
- Opening of case shall not void warranty.
The following vendors have submitted machines that have been
tested and certified to work with the NMT network:
- Integrity Networking, Albuquerque, NM, Brenda Underwood, 505-294-7747
- Ocean Interface, Walnut, CA, Dennis Schwalm, 909-595-1212
- Aries Technology, Phoenix, AZ, Wayne Quach, 800-497-5452
The following machines have been tested and are NOT certified
for the NMT network:
- Gateway 2000
- Mag 15" monitors and Mag 17" monitors